Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Power of Prayer

Prayer is an amazing thing.  Lately I've been praying more and more than I normally have.  I pray for small petty things, large important things, and things that matter to me.  Why I have not already been praying this much is explained by just one word, laziness. 
Honestly, today was not a very good day for me.  I woke up, said my first morning prayer in weeks and went about my normal routine.  I cannot imagine what today would have been like had I not said that one prayer after school.
I was preparing for work and was just feeling... depressed to say the least. I was about to head off to work when I remembered something I heard at conference this year,
"One might well ask why He would concern Himself with something so small. I am led to believe that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that the things that are important to us become important to Him, just because He loves us. How much more would He want to help us with the big things that we ask, which are right" J. Devn Cornish
I dropped to my knees and offered up my heart unto the lord and prayed for a better day, the first presidency, the safety and well being of my loved ones, and whatever else my mind could conjure up.  After I was done offering my prayer to the lord, I stood up, and went to work.  I forgot 100 % that I was feeling sour the second I left my house
The power of prayer doesn't even have to work immediately.  There are instances in my life where I had to continually ask of the lord before I found my answer.
I am thankful that we have a direct connection to god right at our finger tips 24/7.  I hope that all of you remember to say your prayers when you need them, and just as important, when you don't think you need them.  Have a wonderful week

No comments:

Post a Comment