Sunday, October 16, 2011

Learn to Love

I'm not going to lie. I really didn't enjoy going to church all that much before today.  Maybe it was because I get bored, or I could have been doing other things, but I still went because it was the right thing to do
For those of you who made it past my admitance, you can now hear the amazing, heart-changing experience I had today at church. 
Sacrement Meeting went by as usual, I listened, but didn't open up my heart like I should have.  I do all I can and invite the spirit in when I bless, but check out once I'm done.  I counted the seconds until finally it was over.
Sunday School was the same too.  I got there, tried my best to listen and be an example to the younger ones, but gave up and checked out again.
Then, priesthood came.  We did our opening song, got through our meeting, then ventured over to our classroom where we began our own little meeting. 
Lucky for us it was Ward Conference, so our Young Mens presidency was there to speak to us. 
I don't know what it was, but I decided that I wasn't appreciating church as much as some people do.  I made the decision that I was going to listen intently and ponder the words that they spoke to us. 
I pulled out my notebook, pencil, and scriptures and devoured every word they said.  Sure, I'd felt the spirit before then, but at the end of their talks as I was listening I felt the spirit so strongly I was nearly sent to tears.  The YM presidency finished up their talks and it was time for me to close the meeting.  I stood up, and poured out my testimony onto the classroom.  The YM presidency was sort of taken back that I had bore my testimony, not that they didn't want me to, but that they didn't expect me to do such a thing. 
After that small experience I decided that I am goign to listen with all of my heart to everything that has to do with the gospel the way I listened in church today.  Perhaps I'm jsut being cheesy, but I feel like I had a huge change of heart.  I am actually looking forward to going to church next week.
I learned to love church.  I learned to love conference this year. I learned to love Young mens.  I am sad that it has taken me this long to love it, but overjoyed that I do.  I hope that I can continually grow ever closer to my father in heaven and be with him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment