Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas

If my plans go as I want them to, this could potentially be my last Christmas living under the roof my parents have provided for me and my siblings.  If I get accepted to BYU I will most likely be living in the dorm rooms.  Sure, I'd probably come back for Christmas, but it would not be the same experience.  My parents have already started talking about which ornaments are mine, and the ones I'm going to be taking with me when I move.  I am going to miss all of the Christmas cheer and celebrations that transpire at my house in preparation for the Holiday.
The big parts of Christmas will always be the same, decorating the tree, opening presents, and eating Christmas dinner.  But it's the little things about Christmas with my family I'm going to miss.  I'm going to miss stressing over wrapping presents in secrecy. I am going to miss making my siblings believe in Santa. I am going to miss seeing Tyson get excited when he sees Santa on TV. I am going to miss so much.  I am especially going to miss staying up late watching Christmas movies with Danielle.
When I think of everything I am going to miss it brings me to the thoughts of my future family.  What kind of traditions do I want to instill in my own childrens' lives when that time comes?  Which ones don't I want to continue?  How in the world am I going to be able to bring the Christmas Spirit to light in the way my parents have? 
I hate putting up, and taking down Christmas Lights.  Sometimes I wonder if my dad does as well. Does he do all that he does just to get the spirit in our lives?  Yes, I'm sure he does. I'm sure that's what every family does.
Mom and dad, I am so very thankful for all that you have done for me.  I want you guys to know that despite some of the things I say, do, or don't do.  I am so grateful that you have kept the Christmas Spirit alive.  I love you both so much, and I hope that you do an even better job with Dani, Tyson and Sarah. 
I hope that everyone out there has an amazing Holiday Season.  Don't forget the reason for the season.  Christ has done so much more for us than we could ever do for him.  Show your appreciation.  Love your family as much as possible, because sooner or later, you're going to be flying the coop, and/or having your own children doing the same.  Don't waste a second.  Spread the cheer, and

have a very merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment