Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm Going There Someday


Things are beginning to move very quickly. Events in my life that were years ago feel as if they were just last week or something. Not too long ago I opened up my Mission Call and found out that I will be preaching the word of God to the wonderful people of Guatemala.  
I opened my mission call on a Friday night in front of some of my closest friends and family.  Though it was unfortunate everyone I loved couldn't come, I was grateful for the love and support I felt in the room that night.  (here's a link to see my call opening if you haven't!)
Anyways, I have been preparing these past few weeks since I've opened it even more intensely than I was previously.  Sure, I just opened my call and I'm pretty sure the excitement will wear off soon, but I'm going to take advantage of it and get in as much gospel as I can before it does!
As a part of that preparation, I have learned more about the temple than I ever have before in these past weeks.  Temple Prep classes, reading the booklet over and over, and just solemn prayer are doing all they can to prepare me for my first time going through this Thursday.  I'm very excited. I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be a secret or something, (sacred not secret, as the book says) but I'm just so excited!
Anyways, just thought I'd update my blog really quick. Here's the lyrics to a primary song that's been stuck in my head today! ;)



I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment