Monday, October 1, 2012

B.A.S.H thoughts

This past weekend I attended the X 96 Big Ass Show.  The concert featured many of the bands I currently listen to, Awolnation, the Used, Neon Trees, and Imagine Dragons.  It was interesting watching the bands return to their hometowns and really playing off of the audiences vibe.  The lead singer from the Used constantly commented on how great it felt to be back where he originated from; as did Neon Trees and Imagine Dragons. I guess where I'm trying to lead this article into is this:  I miss performing live music.  I sure as heck know that I am never going to amount to as much as these super stars have, but I love having my music heard and there is nothing I want more (short of 1 billion dollars) than to get back on stage playing the music I love. 
After the concert I went back to my dorm and thought back to my days in the band Humble Everest.  I will admit, the music we played wasn't the kind I typically listened to.  Despite that fact, I still loved playing and being in front of a crowd.  The rush I get when I'm on stage strumming a chord that resonates with the audience is not comparable to anything else in life that I have previously experienced.
While I was reminiscing to my days in the band, I stumbled across the band's page and watched every last video we ever posted. I'm sad that we no longer make music but I'm grateful for the opportunity that those guys gave me for inviting me to play in their band.
Perhaps in the near future I will be on stage once again.  Whether it be by myself, or with a band, I'm going to make it goal to once again do what I love. Make Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment